Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.electronics.repair
Only Just Only Just is offline

Default Quick basic advice on a dripping gas 40-gal hot-water heater

"Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator" wrote in
message ...
On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:31:43 -0600, jakdedert wrote:
This could turn into a whole new thread of major f*ckups that we learned
from....

So far, on my side of the story, the water heater, full of tepid water,
fell over, and the drain valve popped off spewing water about. I won't
soon
forget that! The garage still stinks of smelly carpet!

The replacement of the water heater seems to have clogged all the faucets
(easy to clean), showerheads (even easier to clean), tub (still clogged),
and maybe even the dishwasher (work in progress).

I'm not sure *where* the sand came from but it's clearly in all the
faucets
so I guess we kicked it loose somehow in the water heater removal and
replacement process.

Anyway, now it's time to "remove" the dishwasher, if I can.
Does it look like it can be removed from these pictures taken today?

Counter Top:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnaoh...7603947125744/

Latch:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnaoh...7603947125744/

Bottom Right:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnaoh...7603947125744/

Bottom Left:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnaoh...7603947125744/

Do you think this dishwasher can be removed without breaking the counter
tile?

Donna

You can only try to get it out but to avoid problems try clearing the hose
first then worry about pulling the dishwasher out from its location. It
always annoyed me when I had to remove them from the benches for servicing
when I did it for a living as kitchen builders seem to always work to very
close fitting making it nearly impossible to remove and that is when it is
all built as a full unit. They never allow for variations including putting
down a new floor or replacing the unit whereas the new unit is usually a
different size, cupboards can easily be built up or facias placed in but
removing tops and cupboards is more difficult and expensive. At least it
looks easier for you as you have a level tile floor which will be easy to
slide it on and not damaged as easily.
Good luck and waiting for the result.
Just.