Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mosquito under-25 repellant device

BRG wrote:

Why don't you just admit that you lack the willpower to give up the
'weed' and you will use any excuse not too!

I have no intention or desire whatsoever to give up smoking. I thoroughly
enjoy it.

There is a myth, perpetrated by the RASF's that 'most' or 'all' or 'the
majority' or 'thousands' of smokers want too give up. All without any
ststistics to back it up of course.

I'm coming to the inevitable conclusion that being a non smoker makes you a
lying *******.

A little bit of info for you - I have *never* smoked but both my
parents used to smoke *60* a day *each* (1 died of lung cancer the
other a stroke) and I have suffered from chest problems for most of
my 59 years - which after a battery of tests some 12 years ago, it
was concluded that the most likely cause of this was passive smoking
(something you deny can happen).

'most likely'? I think that means they had no idea.

But I suppose you will still disbelieve this - so hide your head in
the sand and cause your children problems because of your obnoxious
habit!

Interesting isn't it. I'm hetrosexual, but I don't rant hysterically about
gay people. I'm white but I don't rant hysterically about black people.
Why do non smokers rant hysterically about smokers?

To return to your point, my children are in the best of health thank you.

As a matter of interest, would you expose your kids to asbestos?

It would depend on the credible scientific research. Once again you have
fallen for a scare story. Because you read it in the papers doesn't mean
it's true.

If I were to start cutting or drilling asbestos, because there is credible
scientific evidence of the hazard, then I wouldn't let them near it. But I
have no problem letting them into the asbestos roofed garage.

Learn to think for yourself.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk