Roy

Default ceiling fan install and blade weights & balance site is UP ...

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 15:47:48 -0400, dave
wrote:

===thanks to all for advice so far on blades balancing, fan blade weight
===placement, etc. this fan deal "ain't over yet"
===
===I put up a small site with some pretty good pix of this one-man-alone
===ceiling-fan install job "in progress", including shots of some of the
===stuff I made to hang the fan from, the jacking and cribbing involved to
===get this monster up nine feet in the air by myslf, some of the obstacles
===I ran into along the way, the weights I cast to balance the blades, etc
===
===http://members.cox.net/tool_box/fan/index.html
===
===guys that've responded to my "blade weights and balance points" question
===are especially gonna wanna see the last two or three shots at the site...
===
===oh yeah-there's a rub: the weights I made might not be useable in their
===neccessary "balance point/center of gravity" locations (see last few pix
===and their captions)
===
===again, guys, I appreciate your help/thanks again
===
===@ the site, just press your F11 key to enlarge your browser window,
===because the nav links and captions are BELOW the big images.

Most of the time any inbalance in the fans I have ever had occasion to
have to work on has been attributed to warped blades or bent blade
hangers. Never yet had to install any kinds of weights, but I have
changed blade mounts and blades lots of times.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.