Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator is offline

Default Question on potentially sediment-clogged dishwasher (how to diagnose & repair)?

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 10:48:36 GMT, Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
Tub is no different than the sink.

It sure looks different. There's no screen. Will look more.

If you mean there is no screen in the aerator, the problem is in the
cartridge. Remove the cartridge and clean it out.

Hi Edwin,

The tub seems different in that there is nothing to take apart on the
nozzle part that spits out the water. I don't feel a screen in that nozzle
like I did the faucets.

Here is the clogged tub outlet with the water on "full blast" which is
barely more than a trickle after the water heater replacement:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnaohl/2279157305/

Here is the tub with the water on the full close position; I don't see what
to remove to find a "filter screen"?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnaohl/2279157299/

I'm sorry for being confused but can you point to what in this picture,
showing the water at the most I can get out now (which is vastly less than
the day before the water heater was replaced) I should open up to clean out
the sediment?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnaohl/2279157295/

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Donna

PS I'm confused if I should post to this thread or to the long thread so
I'll try to keep an eye on both!