Posted to alt.home.repair
CDET 14 CDET 14 is offline

Default Cloths dryer vents????

On Feb 19, 6:43*pm, "benick" wrote:
A friend posted this question on another message board and I thought I'd ask
here as well...Thanks for any help...

Clothes Dryer "make-up-air"
After reading about it, I have come to realize that a clothes dryer will
suck the warm air out of your living area in very short order. I believe I
read the internal fans are in the range of 500 ft3/min, which means that
when they run for 45 minutes or so to dry your clothes, they are emptying
the rest of the place of warm air several times over, and pulling air down
the chimney as need be, ruining a fire if you have one going.

I'm hoping that the salt of the earth types on AMG can vector me to dryer
make up air venting kits/designs to solve this problem

Our dryer is in a separate laundry room on the first floor, with a window.
When I know it is running, I open the window a few inches and close the
door, and put a draft stopper across the bottom. I think this helps, but
there must be a better solution.

The wife will not stand for putting the dryer in the garage, so don't offer
up those options. What I need is a convenient kit/design for pulling the air
from the outside directly into the dryer, rather than having it suck air
from the general living area.

Any ideas or information?

Thanks

What's wrong with opening the window?
You need 100 cubic inches of opening for the make-up air to be
sufficient.

Alisa LeSueur
Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician
http://CleanYourOwnDryerVent.com