Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Weird Insignia TV/DVD model TVDVD20A

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:28:58 GMT, (Brad) put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Hi,

I have an Insignia TV/DVD model TVDVD20A in my
service shop (no SM).

The set will turn on, but when you try to change the
volume, channel, etc. It turns off. It won't play a DVD,
because I can't get it to switch from TV to DVD (turns
off).

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks in advance, Brad

Your remote control wouldn't have a model number that begins with
"HYDFSR" would it?

If so, then a friend's Transonic TV is behaving very similarly. In his
case it is the remote control which is at fault. It is sending random
codes (even after dismantling and cleaning and replacing the
resonator).

- Franc Zabkar