Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default Receiver has a hum - Harmon Kardon 230A

Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
(Just where are those outputs, anyway?)

jak

The outputs are those little black bridge rectifier-looking things attached
to the rear panel. I once subbed a set of 2SD313's for them, but the basing
is the reverse of a TO-220 package, if memory serves. This model was one of
my earliest "wiz-bang" repairs where I had to improvise to get the thing
running. Even in 1985 or thereabouts there was no support from Harman on
this model.

Which goes back to the question, is there some compelling reason to want to
fix this thing? It's probably not even worth the effort unless you just need
it to fill out your HK collection - they were pretty rare.

Mark Z.

The OP stated that he's had it since new, so I'd guess a fairly strong
sentimental attachment.

jak