Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default bye bye HD DVD

I've never seen any VHS machine with what could remotely be called a
"good"
picture -- even by the standards of 30 years ago. (I'm ignoring S-VHS.)

This is starting to sound like an audiophile argument. I have a couple of
high end Sony VHS VCRs, one of which I just hooked up for the first time in
years last night and on the Sony 27" CRT the picture quality surprised me,
certainly better than I remember. It's no DVD, but on a moderate size SD CRT
it looks very good to me, and I'm much more picky than the average consumer.
Look at all the Emerson, Funai, Orion, etc junk you see in typical houses,
most people just don't care.