Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.electronics.repair
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default Quick basic advice on a dripping gas 40-gal hot-water heater

In article , "Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator" wrote:
On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 07:48:20 GMT, James Sweet wrote:
Hey that looks identical to the one I just yanked out of my place
When you remove the kick plate, you'll find adjustable screw feet
The solenoid valve will be right up front on the left side, mine is blue.

Hi James,

You gave me the courage to tackle this maybe-clogged dishwasher:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnaoh...7603947125744/

Here's a pic, taken just now, with the "kick plate" removed:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnaohl/2279869546/

Are you suggesting I can remove that blue "solonoid" on the left side with
the brass pipe in it and that might be what's probably clogged?

Donna

I might first think about using a good shop vac and start sucking at the feed
from the water heater or main entrance. open all taps, and of course close
main valve. I think the line would have to reseparated at the tank. The
dishwasher fill would have to be activated to open valve.

??

greg