Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.electronics.repair
Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator is offline

Default Quick basic advice on a dripping gas 40-gal hot-water heater

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:18:06 -0800 (PST), wrote:
I just installed a couple dishwashers, one for us and one for a
friend, and one for a friend, no screen washers,,,,,,,,,

Hi Hallerb,
I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier. I'm so confused with this discussion
as to where to post.

I hope others can keep up as I read *everything* everyone says and try to
answser the questions so I can help myself and others can follow after
we're done so the advice is never wasted.

I took a bunch of pics of the dishwasher today and put them he
http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnaoh...7603947125744/

(Flicker apparently allows only 3 sets so I have to mix the dishwasher clog
with the tub clog which is, in a way, the same problem as it happened after
the water heater replacement).

I did do research on clogged dishwashers but it's hard to find anything
specific to the GE Nautilus.

This article says "unscrew the water inlet hose" to remove sediment:
http://www.rusticgirls.com/appliance...t-filling.html

This one says "debris" could be caught in the "spray arm":
http://www.mrappliance.com/expert/ma...shwashers.aspx

This one again points to the "filter" and "solonoid":
http://www.home-appliance-kitchen-ai...shwashers.html

This one suggests it might be the "float" that's clogged:
http://www.applianceandair.com/Dishw...er.html#nofill

I think what I'll do later today (I have the grandkids again) is take apart
the inlet line and the solonoid line if I can.

If I see sand in there, I'll know it's the problem!
Any other suggestions?

Donna