Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.electronics.repair
Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator is offline

Default Quick basic advice on a dripping gas 40-gal hot-water heater

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:31:43 -0600, jakdedert wrote:
This could turn into a whole new thread of major f*ckups that we learned
from....

So far, on my side of the story, the water heater, full of tepid water,
fell over, and the drain valve popped off spewing water about. I won't soon
forget that! The garage still stinks of smelly carpet!

The replacement of the water heater seems to have clogged all the faucets
(easy to clean), showerheads (even easier to clean), tub (still clogged),
and maybe even the dishwasher (work in progress).

I'm not sure *where* the sand came from but it's clearly in all the faucets
so I guess we kicked it loose somehow in the water heater removal and
replacement process.

Anyway, now it's time to "remove" the dishwasher, if I can.
Does it look like it can be removed from these pictures taken today?

Counter Top:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnaoh...7603947125744/

Latch:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnaoh...7603947125744/

Bottom Right:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnaoh...7603947125744/

Bottom Left:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/donnaoh...7603947125744/

Do you think this dishwasher can be removed without breaking the counter
tile?

Donna