Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Byrns Carl Byrns is offline

Default I Want To Build A Lawn Vacuum

"Joe" wrote in message
I remember this topic was discussed a couple of years ago, but I want to
add a powered vacuum to my JD lawn tractor, primarily to suck up leaves. I
want to use the existing deck and let the blades mulch the leaves. I see
that Northern (low end) up through Dr. (Big bux) sells systems like what I
want, but I already have a good sized trailer - just need to build a
light-weight housing to increase the capacity.

My hope is that there is someone who sells an engine/blower with the hoses
and deck adapter that I can add on to my trailer. I’ve looked into buying
the stuff as “replacement parts” for the existing systems, but the cost
seems to be close to the entire system. Is there someplace that sells
these specifically as a DIY for rcm-types? Oh, yeah - a twig chopper on
the blower would be pretty much mandatory for my location, as well. And I
don't need a bagger, as I have plenty of places to dump the compost-to-be.

Thanks,
Joe

Check these guys out: http://littlewonder.com/home.asp . We sell their
stuff- it's very good, but not cheap.