Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default I Want To Build A Lawn Vacuum

I remember this topic was discussed a couple of years ago, but I want to
add a powered vacuum to my JD lawn tractor, primarily to suck up leaves.
I want to use the existing deck and let the blades mulch the leaves. I
see that Northern (low end) up through Dr. (Big bux) sells systems like
what I want, but I already have a good sized trailer - just need to
build a light-weight housing to increase the capacity.

My hope is that there is someone who sells an engine/blower with the
hoses and deck adapter that I can add on to my trailer. I’ve looked into
buying the stuff as “replacement parts” for the existing systems, but
the cost seems to be close to the entire system. Is there someplace that
sells these specifically as a DIY for rcm-types? Oh, yeah - a twig
chopper on the blower would be pretty much mandatory for my location, as
well. And I don't need a bagger, as I have plenty of places to dump the
compost-to-be.

Thanks,
Joe