Posted to uk.d-i-y
BRG[_2_] BRG[_2_] is offline

Default Mosquito under-25 repellant device

Rod wrote:
BRG wrote:
snip

SECONDHAND SMOKE CONTAINS 4,000 TOXIC CHEMICALS
People that breath secondhand smoke are at risk of the same diseases
as smokers, including cancer and heart disease, because secondhand
smoke contains 4,000 toxic chemicals. It is estimated that
secondhand smoke causes thousands of deaths each year.

snip

Does giving up smoking (and thus avoiding the 4,000 toxic chemicals)
make us notice the 4,000 toxic chemicals [1] in the air vented from
KFC branches and similar? Or have they added them since I gave up?

I have never liked the smell of most commercial catering
establishments, but since giving up a few years ago, I feel nauseous
when I pass such places.

Is there any real research on the fowl air coming from KFC?

[1] Mandatory made up statistic.

Rod,

Well you could stick a stop *cock* on top of the *fowl* vent! And I'll
leave any comments to the imginations of others :-)

If they do that, it will not only stop the nauseating smell for you - but
also bring this subject back on topic as such a modification could well be
done by a competent staff D-I-Yer after a visit to the local 'shed' for the
bits and pieces.

I cannot comment as to whether -- "they added the 4,000 toxic chemicals"
since you gave up -- as *NEVER* being a smoker, I have always been able to
smell the good things in life [1] - and when down wind, the bad smell of
someone smoking a fag a hundred yards away along with the stink on their
clothes as they walk past in the street.

As a matter of interest, this happened today. Whilst shopping in Aldi's, a
female stood by the sliding entrance and exit doors smoking a rather 'fowl'
(foul) smelling fag, which meant not only did you have to inhale her
second-hand smoke whilst entering and leaving the store, but the damn stench
also permeated into the packing area at the front - catching you there as
well!

[1] This does not include catering premises btw, I worked next to one for
five years and know the feelings of nausea from the stench well.

BRG