Posted to sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

Default Receiver has a hum - Harmon Kardon 230A

Which goes back to the question, is there some compelling reason
to want to fix this thing? It's probably not even worth the effort unless
you just need it to fill out your HK collection -- they were pretty rare.

I don't know how well-made this model is -- at least one poster has
suggested it's not of the highest quality. But I know how _I_ feel... If
something is well-made, I expect it to last "forever". And I don't like it
when I breaks down.

I have a LUX Laboratory Reference System, and it all works, despite being
over 30 years old. It's my bedroom system, and I doubt I'd ever sell it. If
anything broke, I'd try to fix it.