Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

Default Compaq laptop doesn't show battery support

Sam Goldwasser wrote in
:

This is a Presario 1200 series. It works fine in every other respect
but not only does the battery not charged or recognized, there is no
evidence that the OS even knows this is a laptop with a battery.
Device Manager has no entry for battery management and the "Power
Options" entry in Control Panel doesn't have a battery mode.

So, is this bad OS install or bad hardware? It's XP. Yes, believe it
or not, I'm not running Dos 3.0 on this one.

Any comments appreciated. This isn't a big deal as the battery is old
and most likely dead anyhow, but I'm curious.

Yes, I know what they say about curiosity.

You might visit support.dell.com, download the XP drivers for that model
and install them.

--
bz 73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.