Roger Shoaf

Default Living without air conditioning.

"Tim Williams" wrote in message
"JohnF" wrote in message
I wish my electric bill was $70. I have no airconditioning but am all
electric. Remember the futuristic commercials in the late 50's early
60's about how wonderful the "all electric" house was going to be?

Yeah, too bad the nuclear wonderland didn't take off.

This gets my goat also. 20% of this nations power is produced by nuclear
power and that emits nothing into the environment. 50% of this nations
power is produced by burning coal. That filthy crap dumps mercury, and
radioactive particles into the atmosphere in quantities measured in tons.
That kills and harms thousands of folks per year, plus all of the mining and
transportation accidents.

The last I heard the fuel cost for a nuclear reactor is something on the
order of just under 3 cents a kwh including long term waste disposal and
plant decommissioning.

Compare this to France. They have something like 90% of there power from
nukes and export lots to other countries in Europe.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.