Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Wood Glue Suggestions ?

On Feb 19, 6:13*pm, Jim Yanik wrote:
Joe wrote :

On Feb 19, 11:00*am, "Robert11" wrote:
Hello,

Haven't used wood glues for quite some time, so am not familiar with
what

is
"state of the art' these days.

Doing a small home project with a few pieces of pine.
Indoor use.
Pieces to be glued are about 6 inches.

Important that they do not come apart.
Also, no screws or nail backup.

What's the "best" to use these days ?

I don't like using epoxies for projects like this.

snip

You may not like it, but slow cure epoxies rule the roost for never
fail adhesives. It's not all that painful to mix equal parts of A and
Band and stir. That's why some of the better formulations are sold in
boat shops. I've also used Titebond II and III and like the II stuff
better. There is an equivalent Elmers out there that seems as good as
Titebond, check it out. *But if your project is mission critical (love
those buzz words!) by all means use an epoxy.

Joe

Joe

West System is NOT "equal parts of A and B",they have mix ratios from 2:1
to 5:1.

System Three and RAKA are both 2:1 ratios(epoxy:hardener)

Be sure to read the instructinos for the brand of epoxy you use.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Never meant to imply that West Systems uses a 1:1 ratio.

I was responding to "That's why some of the better formulations are
sold in boat shops." West Systems is, in my opinion, one of the better
formulations.