Posted to mn.politics,misc.consumers,misc.invest.stocks,alt.home.repair
Billy[_3_] Billy[_3_] is offline

Default John McCain, liar and liberal punk

In article ,
"John Galt" wrote:

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
John Galt wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
John Galt wrote:
"Billy" wrote in message
..
.
In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Billy wrote:

Fantasy?

Hellooo, what 'chew smokin' boy? We're not an agricultural
society any more. Things changed after WWI. Weapons were
mechanical and we needed soldiers who could read the damn
manuals. Before WWI, most people were lucky to finish the eighth
grade, which was fine for plowing fields, tossin' hay, and
building fences. Done any DNA analysis with electrophoresis
lately? Uh-huh. In the 19th century high schools and Colleges
were rich folks prerogatives. These days you need a PhD. just to
assure your self a slot on the day shift.

Heh! I have a 5th grade math textbook, published in 1905. I've
also got two
degrees in mathematics and I'm hard-pressed to solve some of the
problems (and it's not just because the problems involve rods,
pecks, and mules). The former president of Boston College was
asked what single thing
could be
done to improve the quality of education in this coutry? His
answer: "Close
the colleges of education."

It's almost criminal that no single, living, Nobel Laureate is
legally permitted to teach in the public schools of my state (and
probably yours);
Nor can a retired engineer, nurse, physician do so either. No
Pulitzer Prize
winner is permitted to teach middle-school English. I could go on
and on, but you get the idea:

The inmates are in charge of the asylum.

Wanna feel better about the 'Merican educational system? Check out
the Nobel prizes in science for the Twentieth Century awarded to
Americans. Not too shabby. Explains why scientists who want to be
cutting edge, make sure to attend American universities. We aren't
worse. We are different. Primary and secondary have problems but
not the Universities,

Universities are having to allot more and more budget to remedial
math and reading skills to their freshman because of the primary
and secondary problems. This increases the cost of tuition overall,
ultimately increasing the difficulty of students paying for their
education. This will continue to be a problem as long as......

except turf wars over budgets, idiots trying to finger
anti-zionists and, creation science.

.....people pretend the problems in the government schools all have
to do with the fact that .1% of the population has a "thing" about
creation science (completely ignoring the fact that evolution is
barely touched on in any HS class outside of AP Biology.

We're quite good at taking properly prepared students and turning
them into Nobel Prize Winners. Underline "properly prepared." If the
children aren't properly prepared, there's not much that can be done
with them.

Bull****, the deficiencys can be fixed with any brats that will
benefit from a university education.

Interesting theory,

Then feel free to do so.

JG

snip

OK. Take an aquarium and pour some white sand into it. Let it settle.
Then take some black sand and pour it into the aquarium and let it
settle. Can you think of anyway that the black sand will end up on the
bottom? Bim-batta-boom, you got evolution. Go to the Grand Canyon and
you can read back 6,000,000 years. Remember. the layer below came first
and then the one above it. You may wish to look up carbon-14 dating as
well but that will only take you back 40,000 years. Evolution is called
a "theory" because you can't do it in a lab but it is the only
explanation this side of booga-booga that explains what we see in the
world.
--

Billy

Bush, Cheney & Pelosi, Behind Bars