Posted to alt.home.repair
Mamba[_2_] Mamba[_2_] is offline

Default Homemade "snow dam" for roof?

"marson" wrote in message
On Feb 19, 3:53 pm, "Mamba" wrote:

Kind of depends on how much snow you are talking about. In the
cascades in Washinton, I've seen snow bend the edge of heavy gauge
steel roofing right over the eave, and would snap an ordinary plumbing
vent like a match stick (vents would have to be cast iron and pierce
the roof at the peak). I guess I think your idea will work, but you
are going to have to engineer it to be pretty stout. Also, the snow
will probably just hang up and stay up there, which maybe isn't so bad.

heh heh. Actually we are just east of the Washington Cascades, but far
enough east that the annual precip is pretty light. This year we have far
more snow than in the previous five that we've owned the place.

Another respondent suggested a product that I think will work, it's at least
worth a try.

Thanks for the feedback.