Posted to alt.home.repair
Calab Calab is offline

Default Cloths dryer vents????

"benick" wrote in message
. ..
A friend posted this question on another message board and I thought I'd
ask here as well...Thanks for any help...

Clothes Dryer "make-up-air"
After reading about it, I have come to realize that a clothes dryer will
suck the warm air out of your living area in very short order. I believe I
read the internal fans are in the range of 500 ft3/min, which means that
when they run for 45 minutes or so to dry your clothes, they are emptying
the rest of the place of warm air several times over, and pulling air down
the chimney as need be, ruining a fire if you have one going.

Build a heat exchanger, so any incoming air is routed around the outside of
the dryer pipe to pick up heat. Just be sure to compensate for condensation
in the dryer pipe.