Seppo Renfors

Default Question re. Copper artifact Canadian Arctic former CopperCasting In America (Trevelyan)

"Floyd L. Davidson" wrote:

"Inger E Johansson" wrote:
Floyd,
you are abusing me. Since you obviously aren't familiar at all with what was
common and what wasn't in Scandinavia before 1500 AD, there is no use
discussing it with you at all. You simply have no clue. Let's leave it at
that and don't continue to abuse me. You ARE the one who hasn't done your
homework when you believe that what's common in other parts of the world
must be common here in Scandinavia and especially among Scandinavians in
Greenland.

Good Night until you done your homework and at least send valid OBS valid
contra-argument from Scandinavia and Greenland.

Plonk

Inger E

No wood available to Greenland Inuit people! What a hoot.

So where is your proof? You open your mouth wide, but can't back it
up.

The
mainstay of their culture is a pair of skin boats made with
wooden frames, and you say they have no use for wood working
tools...

This is the LIE you have been pushing "skin boat" = "wooden boat" -
boat building of wood is what YOU have claimed that was part of the
Inuit industry for thousands of years - on GREENLAND!!

Looks like *you* had best be doing some homework.

I have asked you to BACK UP YOUR CLAIM - but you cut and run instead
of responding to that request.

You all ever heard of drift wood?

Get the drift yet?

It *still* hasn't sunk in yet, has it!

Not with misrepresentation like the garbage below.

3d. ... The country looked pleasant,
with many berry-bearing plants and bushes. There was,
likewise, *plenty* *of* *drift*-*wood* *all* *along* *the* *coast*; *not* *the*
*large* *Greenland* *timber*, *but* *small* *trees* *and* *roots*, evidently
carried out of the great rivers of the Ungava by the ice. We
had, of course, fire-wood enough, without robbing the graves
of their superstitious furniture. Our Esquimaux pitched ...

Note the wording; "not the large Greenland timber" - as at best
Greenland has had stunted small trees very sparsely even then. In
comparison the "driftwood" they must be something not much bigger than
TWIGS! Note also the reference to "We had, of course, fire-wood
enough" - THAT is your "drift wood"!!

http://www.mun.ca/rels/morav/texts/ungava/chapter8.html

You already tried to get away with the BOGUS article - one that does
NOT deal (A) with boat building as you have claimed - (B) is NOT about
the relevant time (C) proves NOTHING about timber on GREENLAND! It is
BULL**** and totally DISHONEST of you to even pretend that crap has
any application at all here.

Try this instead:
http://www.geocities.com/davidbofinger/vinland_h.htm

http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/lin....t01-1-00315.x

"...we suggest that these plant remains represent a pioneer vegetation
entirely without woody plants."

Unless of course you refer to the "Giant Sequoia" of the Cenozoic era,
of some sixty-five million years ago where evidence of them having
existed on Greenland and Iceland exists......

--
SIR - Philosopher unauthorised
The one who is educated from the wrong books is not educated, he is