Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] 58plumbers@gmail.com is offline

Default Quick basic advice on a dripping gas 40-gal hot-water heater

On Feb 18, 8:23 pm, "Donna Ohl, Grady Volunteer Coordinator"
wrote:
I still feel badly that I didn't replace the plastic drain valve with the
brass ball valve because I was afraid the plastic was not removable (that's
what Sears salespeople said anyway, instilling FUD in my mind).

Don't bother replacing the WH drain now. Fix the clogged dishwasher
instead.
Replace that factory drain valve in six months when you flush the WH
for your first maintenance interval.

As for that clogged dishwasher, you'll likely have to break the bricks
bricking it in in order to get to the innards.
Good luck. Ask questions. Take advice with a grain of salt.

And post back with your results!