Posted to rec.woodworking
George George is offline

Default HTC Mobile bases

"DS" wrote in message
newseHuj.41064$yE1.1522@attbi_s21...
I've decided to mobilize my cabinet saw (jet), jointer (griz 8"), and
bandsaw (griz 14").
I've never used a mobile base before. Looking a pics, the HTC bases appear
nice and beefy, whereas the woodcraft model looks a bit less so.

I'm wondering if the HTC bases are worth the $$, and whether you guys have
recommendations for those or others.

USA, doesn't add a huge amount to the height, and locks positively. Like
mine, and as a one-time purchase, didn't look that much more expensive than
Chiwan types. Worthy of note that the worst choice are "universal" types
which fit nothing perfectly.