Posted to rec.woodworking
Andrew Barss Andrew Barss is offline

Default HTC Mobile bases

DS wrote:
: I've decided to mobilize my cabinet saw (jet), jointer (griz 8"), and
: bandsaw (griz 14").
: I've never used a mobile base before. Looking a pics, the HTC bases
: appear nice and beefy, whereas the woodcraft model looks a bit less so.

: I'm wondering if the HTC bases are worth the $$, and whether you guys
: have recommendations for those or others.

: Thanks

Check out the user reviews here of HTC bases:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw...+base+&x=0&y=0

It seems the overall line is very good, but the 50" cabinet saw one
(which I commented on in another post in this thread) isn't up to that
level.

I have a Shop Fox base for my lathe which I like, except I wish the casters were
bigger and all swivelable and lockable.

--
ooooooooooooooooo oooooo
Andy Barss