Posted to uk.d-i-y
clot clot is offline

Default Mosquito under-25 repellant device

BRG wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
dennis@home wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message . ..

Please don't assume what I think. I don't wish to share my
cigarette smoke with anyone apart from other smokers.

I am happy to find a smoker that agrees it is wrong to smoke
anywhere the public has access to or where there are any children
like streets, shops, houses, etc.

"anywhere the public has access to". Would that be the smoking
public or the non smoking public? 25% of the UK population enjoy a
perfectly legal activity.

But using your statistics, then the other 75% of the UK population
find it abhorrent - a majority I think (that's assuming there are no
fence-sitters)!
And remember, that a non-smoker also wish to carry out a perfectly
legal activity - breathing clean air!

Think about it. If we had reasonable legislation instead of punitive
legislation, we could have specific smoking & non smoking venues.
Therefore 25% of the public could smoke in areas that 25% of the
population has access to.

But you do have legal 'smoking areas' - your own homes!

"streets"? Are you seriously suggesting second hand smoke is a
problem in the open air? Or are smokers responsible for global
warming?

It is a problem in the open air - smokers are polluting and here are
some statistics for you to inhale:

SECONDHAND SMOKE CONTAINS 4,000 TOXIC CHEMICALS
People that breath secondhand smoke are at risk of the same diseases
as smokers, including cancer and heart disease, because secondhand
smoke contains 4,000 toxic chemicals. It is estimated that secondhand
smoke causes thousands of deaths each year.

It's time you looked at statistics. The same can be said for the effluvia
from a barbeque, coal or wood fires. The amount and concentrations of these
emissions must be taken into account. Your apparent appreciation of these
issues suggests that you have suffered from the doctrines of New Labour.

large snip