Posted to uk.d-i-y
clot clot is offline

Default Mosquito under-25 repellant device

dennis@home wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message . ..
dennis@home wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message . ..

Please don't assume what I think. I don't wish to share my
cigarette smoke with anyone apart from other smokers.

I am happy to find a smoker that agrees it is wrong to smoke
anywhere the public has access to or where there are any children
like streets, shops, houses, etc.

"anywhere the public has access to". Would that be the smoking
public or the non smoking public? 25% of the UK population enjoy a
perfectly legal activity.

That would be the public. You said you didn't want to share your
pollution with others.. changed your mind now?
Typical self centered smoker.. "I'm alright, sod everyone else".

Think about it. If we had reasonable legislation instead of punitive
legislation, we could have specific smoking & non smoking venues.
Therefore 25% of the public could smoke in areas that 25% of the
population has access to.

Think about it.. any excuse to inflict your habit on others.. not a
bit like you were claiming a post or two ago.

"streets"? Are you seriously suggesting second hand smoke is a
problem in the open air? Or are smokers responsible for global
warming?

Yes smoking on streets does inflict your **** on others or are you a
blind handyman?

I see your train of thought. You are suggesting that second hand
smoke in the open air is a serious threat to the health of small
children & possibly fluffy bunnies.

It stinks.. that is enough without its health effects.

At what range? Can smokers injure the health of small children &
fluffy bunnies at 10 yards? 100yards? A mile?

Do I care, its a public space are you suggesting we reserve some of
it for smokers to practice their drug taking in? And put a 100m
exclusion zone around it too. Funny enough that's what smoking
shelters are but do smokers use them.. no its to far to walk 20 feet
from the door. Do smokers walk about polluting everywhere they walk..
you bet they do.

"shops"? Shops are perfectly entitled to apply smoking bans if they
want to. Who smokes in shops anyway?

Smokers! You can't blame nonsmokers for it no matter how hard you try.

"houses"? Surely people can do what they like in their own houses? Or
would you like to outlaw that as well?

Only in the presence of kids or objectors.

Fascist.

It would be you that wants to inflict your problem on others.

When they came for the Jews and the blacks, I turned away
When they came for the writers and the thinkers and the radicals and
the protesters, I turned away
When they came for the gays, and the minorities, and the utopians,
and the dancers, I turned away
And when they came for me, I turned around and around, and there was
nobody left...

In the case of smokers I am the one that is coming for you and I
would be happy to find nobody left.

Now we now that none of what you said about being reasonable was true
and that you are quite happy, no want the right, to inflict your
habit on others.

You may now resort to the insults smokers use when they know they
have lost.

To me, smoking in public, which I do, has been to date quite straight
forward. In days of old when it was permissible in buildings, I would never
smoke in a restaurant to avoid offending others. In "my local" pub in areas
where folk were smoking, I would permit myself to light up provided that
there were not folks immediately adjacent who were not. When in a strange
pub/ hotel bar I would not light up unless others close by were, but ever
concious of those about.

For many years prior to the ban when outside during the limited periods of
an English summer, at an hotel or pub, I would ensure that I was always to
leeward of others to avoid offence. I still do the same; it is courteous to
do so.