Ken Sterling

Default ceiling fan install and blade weights & balance site is UP ...

thanks to all for advice so far on blades balancing, fan blade weight
placement, etc. this fan deal "ain't over yet"

I put up a small site with some pretty good pix of this one-man-alone
ceiling-fan install job "in progress", including shots of some of the
stuff I made to hang the fan from, the jacking and cribbing involved to
get this monster up nine feet in the air by myslf, some of the obstacles
I ran into along the way, the weights I cast to balance the blades, etc

http://members.cox.net/tool_box/fan/index.html

guys that've responded to my "blade weights and balance points" question
are especially gonna wanna see the last two or three shots at the site...

oh yeah-there's a rub: the weights I made might not be useable in their
neccessary "balance point/center of gravity" locations (see last few pix
and their captions)

again, guys, I appreciate your help/thanks again

@ the site, just press your F11 key to enlarge your browser window,
because the nav links and captions are BELOW the big images.
--
to reply, please remove the "weird stuff" from my email address. thanks.

If I remember correctly, I believe the auto parts stores (and maybe
tire dealers) have self stick lead weights that are used on mag wheels
where the rim would be all scratched up by hammering on the standard
weights. You may want to check that - and they could be stuck to the
top of the blade, in the middle of the open triangle bracket.
HTH
Ken.