Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Roger is offline

Default Stan's Sportscars Perfomance Center - Extreme Roadster

The message
from The Natural Philosopher contains these words:

By way of contrast the Elan Sprint (CC 3/05) was 126bhp at 6500 with 113
ft lb of torque at 5500 and a 0-60 time of 6.7 seconds.

If it would start at all. I had a collegaue who used to have to retard
they ignition last thing at night, start it,and then retime it to get it
to run smoothly ;-)

Mine was a bit of a sod to start but that was down to the Webber carbs.
There was a technique which I have now forgotten but it didn't include
the advice that was current at the time of not using the choke at all. I
had to drop that engine into my later Plus 2 after the contents of the
petrol tank ended up in the sump (fixed by a cutoff valve that should
have been done on recall) and I didn't bother to change the carbs.
Dellortos made it much easier to start. It just didn't feel like the
same engine.

--
Roger Chapman