Posted to uk.d-i-y
BRG[_2_] BRG[_2_] is offline

Default Mosquito under-25 repellant device

The Medway Handyman wrote:
BRG wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
BRG wrote:
dennis@home wrote:
"BRG" wrote in message
Frank Erskine wrote:
On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 23:59:10 -0000, "dennis@home"
wrote:

It isn't an offence to hang about, if you think it is just
remember that the next time you stop in the street to talk to
someone you know.

Actually I think it IS an offence to loiter.

Define *loitering* as that can also apply to old farts like me
who could stand and gossip on the public highway all damn day!

Legally minors can't make purchases anyway, so they have no
valid reason to hang around shops.

Under the law minors *CAN* make purchases *AND* contracts for
*NECESSARIES*.

Necessaries are described under the Sales of Goods Act, 1893 as
Food, Clothing, Medical Attention and Educational Books.

Hence they have every right to frequent shops for purchases, but
not for the minority to hang around and create a damn nuisance
of themselves!

There are enough adults that hang around being a real pain, they
hang about pub doors, entrances to offices, and shops, all over
the place and they usually litter too. I wonder why its OK for
them but not for kids?

I quite agree - but it's usually the youngsters that are more
boisterous and appear to be more intimidating than their elders -
especially when they are intxicated or just out for trouble in
gangs.
If someone comes up with a way to shift them things will be much
better.

According to my son, America (which he treats as his second home
due to work commitments there) and New York particularly, have
laws preventing smokers etc from congregating within 20 feet or
so of any public access doorway - if they applied that law here,
then that would resolve the problem.

It wouldn't resolve the 'problem' - a non existent problem anyway,
it would just make non-smokers enjoy their Schadenfreude even more,
evil little *******s that they are.

That should have read;
anti smoking fascists enjoy their Schadenfreude even more, evil
little *******s that they are.

No offence to any normal non smokers.

TMH,

I take then that you are a smoker?

Dead sharp you non smokers, nothing slips past you :-)

Just a guess, but I always keep my tools sharp!

If you are, and I ever have to stand near you and are forced to
inhale your waste smoke, then I shall endevour to stand above you (by
whatever means) and empty the waste from my bladder over your head.

Calm down dear. Nobody is suggesting that we exchange waste products
are they? We could easily have smoking & non smoking venues - then I
wouldn't bother you and you wouldn't bother me.

Smoking or on-smoking venues, what a laugh! A smoker lights up anywhere
just to get the fix - and sod the non-smokers

If you want venues where you can urinate on people, I'm happy with
that. I will simply choose not to visit them. I don't like Tory
MP's anyway.

Well if you wish to do that as a perversion or fetish, I'm sure that you
will find someone leaning towards your ilk.

I get your waste, you get mine - a fair deal I think - and I'm being
polite here to someone who thinks that they have the right to force
their obnoxious habit on all and sundry from babies to grandparents
without any objections!

Please don't assume what I think. I don't wish to share my cigarette
smoke with anyone apart from other smokers.

I am not assuming anything! The simple fact is that no matter where you
smoke publicly [1], you will share it with everyone in the vicinity -
especially if you are pathetic enough to stand out in all winds and weathers
in doorways or open shelters just to feed your addiction - you also feed the
passers-by!

[1] - And if you have children, then when you smoke 'privately' in your own
home, you share it with them and they have no choice but to inhale your
*noxious* fumes - do they?

BRG