Posted to alt.home.repair
Beach Trading Company Beach Trading Company is offline

Default audio wiring entering wall but missing a good faceplate..

On Feb 19, 1:52*am, " wrote:
Hi, I have 4 audio cables entering the wall of my house through a hole
that is missing its wallplate/faceplate. These cables go to speakers
around the house. Because of this, during winter, cold air comes
through this hole. Is there some kind of faceplate that can allow
cables to go through it, but yet forms some kind of seal to keep out
cold air? There is a J-box in this hole. So I should be able to just
screw on an approp wallplate/faceplate.

The size of the hole is the same size as that for a normal 2 socket
power receptacle.

Thanks

I used this when I hooked up the surround sound system in my house. Do
a search on speaker wall plate at radio shack to find similar
products.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...tPage=sear ch

RichB
www.beachtradingco.com