Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Roger is offline

Default Stop Cock Up

The message
from TheOldFellow contains these words:

and the moral of this story is: Don't let BT into the plumbing industry
or you'll have £120 call out fees in no time!

They didn't used to charge private customers.

Some time ago (10 years plus I should think) a tree surgeon was pruning
my neighbours large sycamore which overshadowed my drive and managed to
take out my telephone line with one of his off cuts. He rang BT
pretending to be me (on that grounds they would have charged him) and
they replaced the line for free.

Line has since been replaced for free again after the crane on a BM
wagon snagged it. Line is now above minimum height rather than below it.

Last year my brother in law managed to cut through a line when trimming
the hedge ad the fee was over £200. Struck me that as he had been
standing on the ground as he waved his hedge cutter about he had a good
case for protesting the fee but he didn't want too argue.

--
Roger Chapman