Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default Increasing woodburner efficency!

In message , RW
writes

"Mr Sandman" wrote in message
It strikes me that if we could extract more heat from the flue and attach
a fan like one you'd see on a fan assisted boiler, we get even better heat
output where its wanted and not up the chimeny. Ive not seen anything on
the market that does this...so do you think it'd be worth experimenting
with?

Why not just wrap a copper tube around it and feed a small rad with a small
fan to keep the ambient temp up

When first married, we lived in a caravan fitted with a small solid fuel
stove.

The flue passed through a tall galvanized water tank. I can't report on
the performance as we used the farmhouse facilities and didn't need hot
water.

regards

--
Tim Lamb