Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ Andy Champ is offline

Default Mosquito under-25 repellant device

Clive George wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote in
message ...

Can I get a pint of whatever you are drinking? All I'm saying is that
smokers should have the right to have smoking venues.

Why would anybody provide a non-smoking venue in that situation? Where's
their commercial incentive to do so? That was the situation before the
smoking ban - what proportion of eg pubs were non-smoking? Bugger all.

clive

It was bugger all - and rising fast. In restaurants it was becoming a
quite reasonable proportion. I've never smoked (well, not as much as a
full packet anyway!), but I regard this legislation as a typical Nu
Laber authoritarian response. Over complicated, over expensive, over
detailed. For example, why do we have to have signs outside every
building saying smoking is illegal, when it's illegal in all buildings?

And come to that, why hasn't anyone prosecuted 10 Downing St for not
having a sign?

And another thought. We have a pensions crisis. Smokers pay enough tax
to pay for their health care, then die before they can claim their
pensions. Go ahead guys, be my guest. I'll sit by the window though if
you don't mind!

Andy