Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Fred is offline

Default CH balancing

Hi,

I printed out the page from the faq but I'm getting really fed-up with
trying to balance these radiators!

I bought an IR thermometer. I'm holding it close to the pipe to get a
narrow beam but even so, just a slight movement gives a temperature
drop of 10C. I put masking tape on the pipes. Is this causing some of
the problem? Should I be using insulating tape instead?

Should I start with the lockshields where they are and tweak or should
I start with them all open?

Do you make changes to several radiators at the end of each run or
just one radiator per run? Or do you tweak as you go along?

How long should I wait for things to stabilise before re-measuring?

Thanks.