Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Roger is offline

Default Stan's Sportscars Perfomance Center - Extreme Roadster

The message
from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

Things like MGBs are really pedestrian (I
had a friend in the 70s who reckoned the MGA was a better car)

It may have been prettier but not better. The mechanics were basically all
the same. Just earlier versions.

and
Spridgets were a joke sports car from inception.

The 1275 was faster than a B on the average country road. Not as high a
top speed though. Nicer car to drive in most ways.

I had a couple of Midgets in the 70s, one between a Lotus Elan and a
Fiat X 1-9 if I recall the sequence correctly. I liked Midgets but the
Midget was the slowest by some margin and the acceleration was
sufficiently poor to make overtaking bloody minded slow drivers
hazardous (and I had honed my overtaking skills in a 2A SWB Land Rover).

I have never even ridden in a B so can't comment on their handling (and
only the once in an elderly A) but I thought the 0-60 time for the B was
considerably better than even the later Midgets.

--
Roger Chapman