Posted to sci.electronics.repair
n cook n cook is offline

Default Cyber Home ADL5 DVD player, 2001

Franc Zabkar wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:52:51 -0000, "N Cook" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

or model AD-L528, 2 labels
from cold , a part second, partial feint display on the fluorescent, then
nothing.
All voltages agree with legends of 3.3,5,12,-20V dc and 4.4V ac to the
display. Standby voltage of 2.1V on switching power on.
Anyone know what the RAT of designator RAT5V stands for as it is only

1.4V
on one of the lines to/from? the ps

Which chipset does it use?

- Franc Zabkar

My measurement at fault RAT5V has 5V to the display/front controls board
with a PT6311 but no bus signals to it from the main board.
Main board main chip has a bonded heatsink over it,
Winbond 130 WG , CS4955 etc, but no activity on the board.
About 60 electrolytics and no IC protectors spied and likes of basic LM1458
have correct DC.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England