Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave[_4_] Dave[_4_] is offline

Default ONKYO HT-SR 875 RECEIVER : NO AUDIO

wrote in message
No sound,nothing.I have my BLU-RAY plugged in to it with a HDMI and
HDMI cable to the T.V. the picture is beautful just no audio.There is
no audio on anything else, AM, FM, CD. Tried everything i know can't
anything. HELP. Thanks, Ed

At risk of being insulting, is there a speaker selector switch which may
have inadvertently been switched off?

There are many sensors inside which monitor various voltages, temperatures,
etc. and any of them could shut down the amp but that's generally what
happens: the amp goes into a powerdown safe mode, often with some sort of
diagnostic code displayed on the outside with a series of flashes or the
like. If everything appears to work, I'd start with the speaker protection
relay. When the power is applied, do you hear a "click" a few seconds
later?