Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Chris is offline

Default Floor leveling question

The foundation has not settled. This is in the main hall about 4ft across &
only at one end. As you approach the front door it becomes fine again, 12ft
away. The joist in that area sagged, I tried jacking it,but didn't move it
much. I was afraid of cracking the joist. So I supported it from underneath.
"Jim Behning" wrote in message
Is the house or room 3/4" out because the foundation setttled? Is this
3/4" in 2 feet or in 40 feet? If it was settled foundation I might
look at jacking up the house. How old is the house or building? Any
new construction around the foundation? If it was out by that much
over 40 feet I might not worry about it. There are concrete based flow
leveling systems available but they would probably crack when you
tried to nail through.
http://www.edisoncoatings.com/html/S...te_floor_t.htm

It may be a slow process to remove old oak flooring without destroying
it. Maybe not as I have not tried to remove old oak flooring. It still
goes back to the questions of how big the area is you are trying to
level and why it is out of level.

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 08:37:56 -0500, "Chris"
wrote:

I have old oak flooring that's laid on a floor that's 3/4" off the level.
want to lift the oak off,level the sub floor & relay the oak. Anyone know
of
a product that I could pour & then nail thru to relay the floor?