Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default expanation of 3 phaze power

On Feb 18, 4:52*pm, "Jerry" wrote:
"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message

On Feb 18, 1:33 pm, Nick Mueller wrote:

Jim Wilkins wrote:
120V single phase is hot to neutral, 240V is hot to hot.

Did he write that he's using 240V?

Nick

Industrial wiring practice here is to tag the incoming 3-phase wires
L1, L2, L3, then prefix them with increasing numbers as they pass
through switches, breakers, etc.

Single phase AC is likely to be marked Hot, Neutral and Ground (ACH,
ACN, GND, z.B.) although company drafting standards vary.

Jim Wilkins

* Hi Jim

* First, I agree with your posts. * * Is it likely that there any country
where a 3 phase motor requires it's power to be connected to the neutral? *I
dont mean safety ground. * I refer to the input voltage to which *any* 3
phase motor is connected so it can deliver power to a load.

* * * * * * * * * Jerry

3 phase wye has a neutral connection, 3 phase delta has only hot
leads.

Jim Wilkins