Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Consumer unit trips without reason that I can find

wrote:
On Feb 15, 2:41 pm, wrote:

[original post snipped]

Here are photos of the misperforming parts.

The whole consumer unit is he

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...e/100_1145.jpg

The strip that fails is he

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/g...e/100_1146.jpg

The button that flips up is on the far left.

Thanks again everybody.

Edward

Yup. classic piece of regulatory ****e.

So did mine till `I put in a 100mA trip for the whole house.

I recommend you do teh same, and then fit RCBO's to the circuits that
need them - typically IIRC those with outside sockets.

100mA is abit on the high side to stop you being electrocuted when
grabbing e.g. a live light fitting,but if you are already marginal due
to earth leakage from multifarious RFI filters in the computers, TVS,
radios and all the other gubbins one has, in reality its only 60mA
more..and will trip if you have a serious earth fault. Then stay legal
with RCBO's on the places that really need them.