Posted to talk.origins,alt.home.repair
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default I just ran a bat out of my house

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

The significance of the price tag seems to be flying over
a few heads...

Pre-exposure immunization, due to the cost, is not
practical for the general population. People with a
very high potential for exposure, however, certainly
should get a vaccination. That includes, for example,
veterinarians and others who normally work with animals
that have a high incidence (bat researchers being an
example).

Otherwise, only post-exposure vaccination is likely to
be considered reasonable by most people. My position
all along has been that if there is even the slightest
possibility, vaccination is the only sensible route.

Pre exposure vaccination still requires post-exposure vaccination if
exposure occurs. Those who have had pre-exposure vaccination require fewer
doses post exposure (usually two or three).

--
Dave