Posted to talk.origins,alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default I just ran a bat out of my house

Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
Robert Carnegie wrote:
On 17 Feb, 23:07, nmp wrote:
Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
Taking risks with rabies is like playing Russian Roulette.
Russian roulette is one bullet in six or seven chambers.
We are talking about, what, a thousand chambers here?

Ten thousand? We still don't know.

Technically, I believe the original "Russian roulette" is fictional or
hear-say - I think it's conditions in an army bar near the front in
_War and Peace_ or something - and a single chamber in the revolver
is /not/ loaded. If you hit that one chamber, you lose. You have to
go on living.

The official recommendation seems to be, if the bat that you handled
has flown away then let it worry about itself, but you, get the damn
vaccination. It's a couple of bucks, I assume. And if you don't get
it, then stay the hell away from me, till, let's say June. Will that
be about right?

A rabies vaccination series might cost $1500-2000.

Shots of any kind are a profit center for the medical industry these
days. Managed to gash my hand doing some plumbing last year- the ER
charged me over 100 bucks just for the tetanus shot, on top of what the
stitches cost.

aem sends...