Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default fluorescent light question

On Feb 18, 9:08*am, "Blattus Slafaly £ ¥ 0/00 "
wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:
if you take two tubes out of a four tube fixture, is there any current
flowing through the unused ballast? *(assume two ballasts, one for each
pair of tubes.) *Any downside to doing so? *I'd only like to leave this
like this for a week or so until I can wire up two switches.

thanks,

nate
\

Get rid of all that hardware and install some sockets with compact
fluorescents.

I'd rather not do that; this is a basement with a low (7 foot or
thereabouts) ceiling with a drop ceiling below it. Any decrease in
headroom will be an invitation to bonk your head, and I don't want to
go to can lights because they'd probably be less efficient.

Plus, the troffers were FREE. Free is good.

nate