Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default Drill digging in Delrin

wrote:

You know, it's a bitch to get this kind of **** right the first time.
There goes about $38 worth of Delrin, but then again, here comes $38
plus worth of knowledge. If I didn't believe that, there'd be no
freakin' way I could soldier on through this kind of disappointment.
As is, I've pretty much seen it all before and am largely immune to
the upset..

You can also assuage your frustration by using it as an excuse to buy new
tools. I have to drill in soft plastics & brass enough that I bought a
set of slow twist drills, and when those didn't behave, a set of half
round drill bits. The slow twist bits have been a great help. The
half-round bits don't get used very often at all, and probably aren't
worth the investment unless you do a lot of materials where the slow
twists are still too grabby. They work very well on thin materials, but
I've largely switched to using step drills for that.

Doug White