Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
theChas. theChas. is offline

Default symbol ID needed

On a single pole, single throw switch (shown in the open position, 240 VAC)
the bar has a symbol attached to it of about 3 squarewaves. I am not
familiar with this symbol. The switch is listed as a thermostat and an
another identical symbol is listed as a 'flame detector', also in the open
position and in the same circuit in series with the thermostat. There is no
other connection between these two switchs, and no other connections to
ether.
.. . . I am assuming both would have to be closed for the machine (deep fat
fryer) to operate. So I again assume the thermostat is a high temp cut out.
And the 'flame detector' is a safety to stop operation if the pilot light is
extinguished.
.. . . I am familiar with the spiral, with the rod through it, to signify a
solenoid.
And with the rod connecting two such switches to signify them being toggled
together as a unit. But this symbol I have no knowledge of.