Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
clare at snyder.on.ca clare at snyder.on.ca is offline

Default Electronic advice Off Topic I know but yous guys is smart

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 17:10:52 GMT, Winston
wrote:

Dan wrote:

It is an electrolitic cap. When I looked at it the end had popped out
and some of the goo came out.

Do you know why the previous cap failed? What steps have you taken to be sure the new cap
doesn't fail? What other components failed or were weakened?
I made wure to mark which way it came out so I put it back in
correctly.
The second controller lasted for about 15mos. Hopefully, if I get the
now spare board fixed, I'll never need it.

1. Do you really want to be in the refrigerator repair business?
2. Do you have a way to test the repaired board?

--Winston

Being 5 years old it is quite possible the cap was made with the
"counterfeit" electroloyte that was in circulation at that time.
Many e0caps made in that era have died an early death.