Floyd L. Davidson

Default Question re. Copper artifact Canadian Arctic former

"Inger E Johansson" wrote:
Seppo,
it's lucky for Floyd that he wasn't King of England when King Erik of
Sweden-Denmark and Norway called for the English to pay for merchansise,
cargo they stole or didn't pay trading tax for and all the codfish they
after 1418 un-authorized fished south of Greenland and southwest of
Iceland...... he has no clue about the trade at all. Thus he doesn't know
that the Greenlanders also had butter and hard cheese from cowmilk as well
as goats sent on trading ships over to Norway....

And that is just so significant to this whole discussion! NOT.

I guess much of the totally stupid comments we see here from people who
should have done their homework reading how the situation actually was in
Scandinavia, Iceland and Greenland from let's say 850 AD to 1490 AD. There
obviously are a lot who still try to lean to Icelandic Sagas forgetting all
other documents, diplomas, donation length, ships documents and annals.....

Tell us again how there is not a stick of wood to be had in all
of Greenland. Tell us again how no Inuit would want to trade
for a wood plane, much less would any honorable Scandinavian
ever shrink so low as to trade one (because, we must note, not
*every* house in Scandihoovia has one yet!).

Now, what was that about "totally stupid comments"? Did you
have others to add?

--
FloydL. Davidson http://web.newsguy.com/floyd_davidson
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)