Posted to alt.home.repair
miamicuse miamicuse is offline

Default Garage fluorescent lights

"hobbes" wrote in message
On Feb 17, 12:45 pm, "MiamiCuse" wrote:
Any idea how to determine how many fluorescent light fixtures I need to
lit
a garage 22'x22'x8'H?

I am thinking of getting this:

http://www.lightmart.com/index.asp?P...D&ProdID=19062

Parabolic Surface Troffer 18 CELL 3x32 T8

I wonder if I need 2 or 4 (or more) of these...any thoughts?

Thanks!

HI,

I have a two car / double garage about your size. I have two, eight
feet long double flourescent lights mounted in the celing just behind
the garage door openers. Each light has two tubes of I think about 65
watts each. I think they are the cheapest ones available at Home
depot.

I found this to be sufficient. My ceiling and walls are white. I have
managed to change the oxygen sensor in my honda using this lighting no
problems.

Best, Mike.

Thanks Mike.