Posted to alt.home.repair
miamicuse miamicuse is offline

Default Garage fluorescent lights

"Robert Allison" wrote in message
news:RC%tj.4953$kD3.3029@trnddc08...
MiamiCuse wrote:

Any idea how to determine how many fluorescent light fixtures I need to
lit a garage 22'x22'x8'H?

I am thinking of getting this:

http://www.lightmart.com/index.asp?P...D&ProdID=19062

Parabolic Surface Troffer 18 CELL 3x32 T8

I wonder if I need 2 or 4 (or more) of these...any thoughts?

Thanks!

Miami, you have a lot of work going on, don't you?

Here is a situation where you let the experts solve your problems for you.
Contact a real electric supply in your area. Tell them that you are going
to install some lights in your garage and want to get the correct sizes
and spacing and ask to talk to their lighting expert. He may be in house,
or they may use one of their suppliers. Talk to the person they give you
and you will know you have the right guy when he asks you questions like;
Do you want to be able to read a newspaper in every area, or do you just
want to be able to walk around without bumping into things? How high are
the ceilings? What fixtures do you want to use? Etc, etc....

When you talk to this guy, he can design a light layout and spec that will
give you what you want. Anyone else, including me, would just be guessing
as to your needs and you may or may not be satisfied.

These guys do these designs for a living. Let them solve your problems.
They know what they are doing. They know how many lumens each lamp will
give you. They know the spread that each light gives at each ceiling
heighth. They know how much overlap to allow to achieve the desired
results. I don't even WANT to have to know all that stuff, when there are
people that do it for me.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

Yes Robert I have substantially gutted a 3800SF house so I have been busy.
I will try your route too. Thanks!